That is why I am completely obsessed, amazed, and in awe of my new tiny niece Mia Bella. I got to hold her tiny little body yesterday, and all I could do was giggle. Carter tried to give her a little rub on the head, and his little hand moving toward her head looked like a giant picking a pumpkin. As I was holding her and talking to Carson she kept turning her tiny head to hear his voice, it was so sweet. Her mouth is tiny and she let out a tiny little sneeze, to which Carter said..."Bless you!"

Here she is laying on the couch, four and a half days old, wearing a tiny New Born sized t-shirt {a t-shirt made for 5-8 lb babies} that's not a night gown...that's a t-shirt. That's also Carson's fist next to her head...just for some additional perspective.
Here's my Cali at three days old, right before we got her ready to take home from the hospital.
Here's my smallest baby Carter, he was almost three days old, right before we got in the car to take him home from the hospital.
7 comments:
Those pictures are hilarious! She is so cute!
Aw look at the babies!
Can you believe how fast it goes? I feel for ya, my babies are all 8-9 pounds too!
lol, I remember bringing Cade home from the hospital (all 6 lbs, 9oz of him), and seeing our cat for the first time next to him. She looked like a monster (and Lilo is very small for a full grown cat). It was much less terrifying for me when he finally put on a little weight, since I was afraid I was going to break him when he was so tiny. But then, Cade didn't weigh as much as Cali did at birth until he was 3 months old (thank you, acid reflux). Thank goodness he's more than caught up since then - the kid is getting kind of ginormous! Just think, pretty soon you'll have another little 8+ pounder!
On a side note, did you happen to hear about Nate's twins? Not even kidding, one was 7.5lbs and the other was 8.5lbs. That girl was carrying more than 16lbs of babies around! Insane! So it could be worse :)
I know EXACTLY what you are saying with the size thing! Rob was 11.7 at birth and I was 10.5. Cayden was 8.4 but was THREE weeks early - they say he would have probaly been at least 10. My twins together, at FOUR weeks early were over 13 lbs together. Sadie was my "smallest" and was a week early at 8.5. So when I see these little 6 pound babies, I have to laugh a little. I usually say something like, "I think that is what my kids weighed at conception." Oh, Cammie, if you could only see me now...7 months preggers...big as a freaking house. Yeah, I'm hot.
I hear ya. Mine were almost exactly the same as yours. Julie was 9 lbs 5oz and Megan was 8 lbs 3 oz. So if you are following suite then your next one will be 8 lbs 9 oz.
She is so sweet! and holy crap, she is tiny. Paiton was the same size as Carter at birth...it is amazing the difference pounds and ounces can make with newborns. Looking at the trend in meowzer birth weights, little Maile Gabriella Pollastro should be about 7lbs, 2 oz?
I do get to choose the name, right? I've always liked those names and I thought it would also be Meowzer-approved, with the Disney references and all :) Should Carter win out, I like Ponk Clink Pollastro the best.
Post a Comment