Thursday, December 3, 2009

One Month Ago Today

It was on this day, one month ago, that Caleb flew down the birth canal and officially joined our family. It seems like only yesterday, and it seems like forever, and all of those other cliche phrases that are actually true! Here's what I've discovered over the past month:

1. Sleep is for the weak...Actually I'm really jealous of those of you sleeping more than 3.25 hours at a time.

2. Caleb's hair is so fantastic, I've spent more time styling it than I have my own....sad, but true.

3. Some baby carriers are made to fit in shopping carts, others are not...mine is not. Therefore, I can fit the carrier and two other items in the basket at once. This is going to make for a LOT of trips to the store.

4. A six year old girl and a four year old boy are pretty helpful...Until it comes to poop, then I'm on my own.

5. Four year old boys are fascinated with "where Caleb's milk comes from". And may or may not have a fascination with breasts in the years to come...Oh great.

6. If a baby is really really hungry and you put your cheek up to his face, he will root around and give you "kisses". OK OK, it's a really cheap way to get kisses, but I can't stop doing it.

7. I also cannot stop smelling his breath, and I tell him to "NEVER grow up" at least twice and hour.

8. Just because you can put your jeans on doesn't mean you should. There are more important things like, perhaps, breathing and being able to sit down.

9. This poor child has the extreme potential to be severely spoiled or severely mauled...Which ever happens first.

10. Three kids are better than two. We are slowly adjusting to our new crazy version of normal!
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Cambu said...

I've mostly been content to be Aunt Mill, but you are really making me want to be Mommy! :) He is absolutely perfect!

Bethany Gilson said...

Love the pictures, he is just too perfect! I can't wait to give him kisses tomorrow!

100 Percent Cottam said...

hooray!!! third babies are super magic, i'm warning you. the best. so happy for you guys!

Liz said...

you are so good at blogging. I am always laughing at your posts and the way you say things. Caleb is a cutie! happy 1 month birthday buddy!

Jade said...

aahhh...I can't believe he's a month already. It goes by way to fast and all of the above is true...almost makes me want to hold a baby:)

Abes and Stace said...

You are so funny! I especially love #5 about 4 year old boys and breast fascination. I'm wondering how that will go at our house with my 5 year old who already may or may not have a thing for the boobies.
Can't believe he is already a month old! If he's anything like my 2, he'll be sleeping through the night in the next 2 weeks for ya! I'll cross my fingers for you. :)

Lyon Pride said...

I love your family pictures! I have the carseat/shopping cart problem, too. I even accidently shoplifted yesterday and had to go back in and pay for something that was under the carseat.

Dave and Gretchen said...

Awww! I love him!! I'll try to quit calling him Piggy Honk now that I've seen what a cutie he is. That hair is the best!!!

Jake and Roz said...

So so so cute! And kisses are kisses, no matter how you trick or guilt your kids into giving them to you :)

Freer Family said...

I love your list! I love that you love your new baby! I love your cheap way to get kisses! Happy one month old Caleb!

Nikki Jenson said...

No sleep and you still have personality! You amaze me! One month old - wow! I REALLY need to call you!

Aimee said...

There's nothing better than baby breath! I can't believe you're keeping up on blogging while being so sleep deprived. I don't think I'd be able to form a complete sentence in your state--you're amazing.

regibells said...

Hey you! Congrats on your little Caleb!..I am just catching on to your C theme...very nice (and I think you picked a good name too!) Hope you are doing well with all your life changes....sure do miss you girl!

Unknown said...

He is too cute and he is going to be spoiled! It's too hard to put him down!

Tami said...

As always, love your way with words. Maybe we will eventually add a 3rd. Times a tickin'. Your family is darling, you look fantastic, I miss your entertainment (sure you thought I was so boring). Keep up the good work Mama of 3!