The other day Cali threw a pretty magnificent fit, so I sent her to her room to sit on her bed. She asked me how long she would have to sit there, and I told her she would sit there until her dad came home. This made her even more mad, and intensified an already awesome fit. A few minutes later Christian came home and went upstairs to talk to here. They were up stairs talking for about a 1/2 hour, and when she came down she'd had a change of heart. She hugged me and told me that she would never disobey me again.
That's when it hit me. I can't be expected to do everything right all of the time. So, I can't expect her to do what I say every single time. It seems like a pretty simple principle, but in practice it's hard. I am so impatient with her when she doesn't obey me, and I honestly expected that she should and would do what I say every single time.
My new goal: be more patient!!!
7 comments:
I hear you! I forget too often that my kids are still really little. Patience is always my number one goal. It has been for a while and will be forever, I'm afraid. Thanks for sharing your realization. Something to think about.
I hear ya sista!
excellent thoughts, girl! it's so hard. so so hard. i have to work on being patient every every day!
I need to be more patient too, that is always a work in progress for me.=)
Patience is so hard -- good thoughts.
Wow, you are right. I never thought of it like that. It was great that Christian could calm Callie down like that. What a great dad.
I am with you! I think any mom is.
Post a Comment