
On Monday Cali's preschool class went on a field trip to Albertson's. I was able to go and take 5 four-year-olds with me (more on this later in the post). A nice Albertson's employee showed the kids around the store and explained what could be found in each department. The kids were mildly impressed, as most of them have been to the grocery store umpteen times with their mothers. They were, however, impressed by the live lobster (or "live monster" as Carter called it). I think I learned more than the kids did, here's what I learned.
- 5 Four-year-old girls are very loud, and will make you want to drive off the road on the way to and from the field trip. Seriously, enough with the Hanna Montana theme song at the top of your lungs! That means you too Cali.
- 2 year-olds who have to come with their mother to the field trip may or may not get lost in the 0 degree freezer.
- 2 year-olds with peanut allergies will cry all the way home when they can't eat the cookies given to the children by the Albertson's employee. So sad, and required a stop at Smiths to get a donut.
- I have so much respect for preschool teachers who show love and patience to all the children in the class, especially my darling adorable child.
- I need to develop some patience....and FAST!
5 comments:
oh girlie, i'm so with you. my patience today has been zero or less. i'm just glad no one can see into my home when i'm being a wicked witch. they can probably hear me, though.
Sounds like a fun field trip -- you're a great mom. The stop at Smith's for the donut just puts the icing on that cake! Yay for you.
I so feel your pain! Why do girls always have to scream songs at ear piercing decibles when they get together? About the patience, I was trying to teach this lifeskill to my first graders last month. After a very inspiring lesson, a little darling raised her hand and said, "Mrs. Brown, it's really hard for you to be patient with Antonio isn't it?" Apparantly I could use some extra patience as well! **Way to be an awesome mom, though!!*
Fun field trip! I thought I was such a patient person before I became a Mother...now not so much.
You are a brave Mom! Sounds like fun times! But the Hannah Montana would've driven me straight over the edge too, I am so glad Cole says that is "girl music", lol!
Post a Comment