Sunday, August 16, 2009

Stop the Presses

Last Wednesday we had a busy one. We packed a lunch and met some friends at Arthur Park for food and playing. Then Cali and Carter left the park with my friend Apryl and her kids to go to movie Wednesday's at the theater. While they were at the movies, I went to the dentist...I was long overdue for a cleaning, and was slightly embarrassed.
After the movie and the dentist, I ran Cali and Carter to the rec center for their swimming lessons. After swimming we stopped at home for a tiny break, and then picked up Apryl's kids Abby and Canon to play bingo at the rec center.
On Thursday evening I found out that Abby, Canon, and Carter had made the front page of the local newspaper. There was a photographer taking pictures at bingo night, but he didn't know if they would even make the paper. Well, thanks to a slow news day and a cute picture, they made the front page. Cali and I were slightly {well, more Cali than me} sad that we were cropped from the picture. But, we survived!
Oh, yeah, and we survived that day too!

9 comments:

Jade said...

I'm so glad I know some famous "Rock Springers"! Cute pic.

Cambu said...

Wow! You have a celebrity in hour midst! :) Looks like Bingo night was a lot of fun!

Jan said...

Oh, fun! It reminds me of years ago when we were attending a bike race out at the Air Force Academy in Colo. Spgs and Miss Natalie made the front page of the paper - she was pretty tickled with that.

Family Days said...

LOL...awesome!

Jake and Roz said...

how funny that you have a friend with a kid named Canon! Jake and I thought we were completely original when we were thinking of naming Cade that!

Aimee said...

Good thing for slow news days...I'd rather see those faces than a car wreck any day!

Tatum said...

Paiton says, "Who is dat?!" Indeed. Who is that handsome cover boy?! So cute. If I were Cali, i would write a letter to the editor. You can't just crop that much cute out of a photo and not expect some repercussions!

Tatum said...

Paiton says, "Who is dat?!" Indeed. Who is that handsome cover boy?! So cute. If I were Cali, i would write a letter to the editor. You can't just crop that much cute out of a photo and not expect some repercussions!

Dorey said...

Awesome!