Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weekend Temple Trip

Last weekend our family had the opportunity to meet at the Manti Temple {the best temple in the world}. My cousin Thomas passed away in March 2006, and since that time his family has been working toward getting his temple work completed. It was a very special day for our family and a unique opportunity. My mom was able to be in the temple with both of her brothers for the first time in 30 years.

Because school is starting soon and there is a mass rush for people to be wed before the school year begins, there was a mass rush and no parking spaces. The parking attendants had us drive around the temple in order to find a place to park. We ended up driving through a parking lot on the upper east side of the temple. We didn't park there {still no spots} but I was able to snap the above picture. I thought it was very interesting to be so close to the top of the temple, and a perspective I'd never seen before.

Other than that, I kind of slacked on the picture taking. My uncle took this one of our immediate family, but in all the emotion and rush we forgot to take any pictures at the dinner afterwards. It was a wonderful day and one we won't soon forget.


Yes, this dress is comfortable. Yes, I realize that I am quite over photographed wearing it! Yes, Cali told me that the, "light blue lines make it look like I'm ripping out of my dress."
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dory said...

It's a hot dress, I say photograph it up!

Jake and Roz said...

lol, I think the dress is cute!

Jenny said...

I love the Manti temple! And, I love your dress. Keep on wearing it!

Dorey said...

Your a little hottie! I love the Manti temple too. =)