Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day of Preschool

Today was Carter's first day of preschool! He woke up early, got dressed in his new school clothes, walked Cali to the bus stop, and then had to wait around for 35 agonizing minutes until it was time for him to go.

In the meantime, we took a few photos outside on the deck. As you can see, he gave me his best back-to-school face. Would you be worried to send your child to their VERY FIRST day of preschool in this kind of mood? Not to worry...

after a short car ride, he turned sweet. Or at least tried to show me his sweetest smile. It is pretty sweet, don't you think?

And then to top it off I tried to take a cute little mommy and son photo before he got out of the car. I had to help him carry his supplies from his supply list because they wouldn't fit in his back pack. About halfway up the driveway he turned to me and said, "Are you going to stay with me at school?" I told him that he was going to be staying by himself with his teacher and new friends. To which he replied, "Then, will you please quit following me?"

Ok, I know that following Cali around on her first day of school with my camera was considered, "Not Cool". However, I was not prepared to be uncool to a three year old. Is there anything I can do to up my coolness? Or am I just screwed? I really don't want to be the "dorky mom" but I think I've achieved that status!

10 comments:

Bethany Gilson said...

You are the dorkiest Mom ever! Jk You are so cute, he is just an idependent little fella. I hope he had the best first day!

Aimee said...

I've just learned to accept the rejection, it hurts less that way. :)

Jake and Roz said...

oh wow... I think you need to just give in and purchase some "mom jeans!" :) You're kids are hilarious!

Dory said...

Nope too late. Don't worry, some day they'll thank you for living in the dork zone.

Mari said...

I don't think he was treating you like an uncool tag-a-long, maybe he was thinking in extreme logic, like what's the point of you going with him if you weren't staying. At least he found out if you were staying before he told you to quit following him.
What's the verdict, how did he like preschool?

Liz said...

what great pictures!! good luck Carter in school!! I am sure that you will love it!

Jan said...

I'm cracking up at the 'stop following me' comment -- what a kid. Growing up - sigh!

Amanda said...

I love Carter's little personality! Hope that the underground preschool went well....it looks like it turned out super cute!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

He is way too independent! What a cute kid! I just love you guys!