There really are NO words to describe my hairstylist, Jay. He is an event. He's been doing my hair for almost five years, and he does great work. However, it doesn't come without a price. As in, being exposed to his level of intensity. I have left his salon with a headache, and a whole new vocabulary, not to mention a healthy education on the gay community of SLC.
I had an appointment with him on Friday afternoon, and besides being VERY behind {he can't talk, sing, dance, entertain and cut hair at the same time...not a multi-tasker} he was also very hyper. He wanted to demonstrate for me how much make up he wears when he goes out...Heavy...yes...Terrifying...yes...Hilarious...pretty much.
He poured half a bottle of foundation onto a brush and began. He told me that any makeup worth doing was worth doing "heavy". If you are going to put on foundation....put it on heavy. If you are going to put your eyeshadow on...use at least five colors and apply heavily. You get the picture. I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of his antics.
6 comments:
Everyone needs a little "gay" in their lives. Looks like you snagged you a good one girl! ;)
He could totally be best friends with my hair dresser! (We should hook them up:)
So fabulous! You go girl! Jay looks hot!
Fascinating. I am trying to follow his line of reasoning....but heavy foundation + beard stubble? And half a bottle?! I wonder if he would do my make-up some time? I am not so good at the heavy makeup, but maybe he can make a believer out of me!
I always think it's funny when I go in to him and he has on more makeup than I do - glad to see that he's finally owning up to it (Clint called him out on it a few weeks back)!
The man has a point.
Post a Comment