Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Observations

This morning Carter asked if he could ride his scooter to the rec center instead of riding in the car. It's only a few blocks away, and we are limited in our number of non-frigid days per year, so I agreed. Walking to the rec before a work-out...pretty pleasant. The walking home after working out...not as pleasant. But we made it! And if we hadn't done it I may never have heard this observation.

Carter: Mom, look at all the beautiful trees in this world.
Me: Carter, who do you think made all these trees?
Carter: Jesus and Heavenly Father. They worked so hard on this world...I bet they had to wear their work clothes.

7 comments:

100 Percent Cottam said...

haha, that's the cutest, cammie!

Family Days said...

So cute! He's is just getting so grown up!

Jake and Roz said...

how funny! Don't you wish you had a tape recorder for stuff like that?

Cambu said...

So cute! Good thing you document stuff like this! :)

Unknown said...

Can I just say how much I love this kid! It makes me smile to see the pure innocence and spirit of the little man! Thanks for the reminder of the simpleness of life!

Dorey said...

THAT is funny! I love it!

Mari said...

I love Carter's deep thoughts. He comes up with a lot of great things, things that most people might not ever think of. While he is often jilarious, his deep thoughts always give me pause and really cause me to think too.