
We almost made it the whole year without any sickness. I thought we were in the clear, I was wrong. Cali and Carter both started coughing on Friday, and haven't stopped. I ended up at the dr.'s office with Cali on Sunday, and Carter on Tuesday. Cali's ear drum had ruptured, which was surprising because she has tubes in her poor little ears. Much to my surprise the tube in one ear had fallen out, the infected ear nonetheless. Carter, on the other hand, has some viral runny nose cough thing going on. It was determined that he didn't have an ear infection. Although, the dr. sure earned his $15.00 co pay. It took me, a large nurse and the dr. to hold him still. All the while he was screaming some choice phrases like, "Don't touch me ever more!" "I want to be done, because I'm going home!" "Get the man away from me!" and my all time favorite "I never never never never come here again!" Oh Carter, I'm sure we'll be back.
12 comments:
oh, i LOVE it! carter is a firecracker! we made it a long time without getting sick this year, too. but every since we got it, we've had it bad. i'm SICK of sick!
I'm so sorry you guys are sick -- we've been sick for so long and I'm ready to be well. Hope yours goes away quick.
Poor kids! My heart breaks when I think about Carter being restrained. Just think how you would feel in the same situation. It would be like a forced colonoscopy without sedation. I would scream too, only I would use more choice phrases like "malpractice", "litigation" and "I'll show you a colonoscopy!"
That is too funny. Dont you just love the things kids come up with. Nice Job keepin um healthy for so long.
These poor little booger noses! I tended on Wednesday and they did not feel good. But I got a lot of snuggles from little Carter so I loved that part!
MY fav is:
Don't touch me ever more!
It reminds me of the Raven, and makes me believe that he's quite literary. Also, it's SO dramatic.
"Get the man away from me", that is classic. What a little stinker. I hope the kids are feeling better soon. We have had way too much sickness for my liking this past winter. I hope it's behind us now, knock on wood.
Poor Cali and Carter! That's not fun! Hopefully you guys start feeling better soon!!
I don't think you have to worry about Carter ever being quietly kidnapped. The kidnapper wouldn't stand a chance! Hope they get feeling better.
Well I thought we were so healthy over here too, but once I posted something about it, we have had double ear infections and fevers and croup ever since. I guess thats what I get for opening my big fat . . keyboard?! Anyway, I am just glad my son is not the only one who throws such fits out at appts.
That Carter is a fiesty one...I love his phrases! Your experience reminded me when Jake kicked the Doc in the you know where. I think your hubby earns big time props for the bun. I am amazed! Hope everyone is better now.
Post a Comment