When we lived at the University Village in SLC we were one of the only couples who didn't have kids. I always felt pretty out of place there because all of the moms were friends. I was working full-time and going to school, and didn't have much in common with the other women in the court. I would walk into our apartment and see all the mothers playing on the playground with their kids, and mutter to myself, "I would NEVER sit around at the playground all day. I can't believe these women just let their kids run all over the playground while they sit and talk all day, they should get a life."
Fast forward six years. My sister Bethany and her husband Tyler now live at the University Village. Bethany watched my kids for me last week, and after work I went to pick them up from her apartment. I walked into the court and saw that Cali and Carter were playing all over the playground. Bethany saw me and walked toward me, we met up at a park bench in the middle of the playground and we both sat down together.

And there I sat in the middle of a pile of women watching their kids at the University Village playground. Never say never.
9 comments:
Life has a way of throwing your words back at you, doesn't it? Interesting to look back and see how things go. Fun pics of your kids!
It was a great day! Poor Carter just wants to play and play and never go inside!
It was a great day! Poor Carter just wants to play and play and never go inside!
Oh my gosh! I totally have those moments all the time! I'm never doing that...I have the best example of never say never. I think you just inspired a post for me!
Quick Cammie, say you'll never, ever win a million dollars!
saying i never is the quickest way to get something to happen, that is for SURE!!! did you see kristen south up there? did you go to her honda party?
Ha ha, that's pretty funny! Maybe you're just trying to convince yourself that you'll never do these things. Those are some pretty cool playground toys! All we got were those ugly creatures on the hard metal springs that either were too stiff to move or we ended up lying in the sand.
This is so true, it has come back to bite me on many occasions...=)
Glad I am not the only one who has to go back on my word.
Post a Comment