Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ready for School

School mornings are so much more interesting than summer mornings. Summer mornings are chill. You can throw on some shorts a T-shirt and flip flops, and you're ready for the day. School mornings, on the other hand, require more preparation and thought. Cali has been laying her clothes out the night before, in an attempt to avoid a melt down in the morning, and for the sake of ease and speed. She has to be on the bus at 8:20 a.m. so we have to make the most of our morning routine...Easier said than done.

I usually don't get on Cali's case about her clothes...There are some battles that I just HAVE to choose. However, today, I had to put my foot down and forbid her from leaving the house dressed in this creation. Last night she set out a cute outfit with a Tinkerbell shirt and matching gray leggings, but this morning the leggings were way too big. They are easily fixable with some time, a needle, and thread, but I didn't have any of the three. So, I told her that she was going to have to pick something else for today, and I would fix her pants so she could wear them soon.

This is what she came up with...The attitude, well, she already had that!

5 comments:

Jake and Roz said...

wow, mixing prints, huh? :) hot stuff!

Cambu said...

I don't see the problem... ;)

Bethany Gilson said...

loves it! Please tell me you let here wear it!

Unknown said...

Love it! Maybe she could start a new fashion trend!

Steph said...

at least everyone would know that she dressed herself and you didnt get it out for her. Jayli insists on wearing princess shoes everywhere we go. One of those things that I'm not going to fight her on. Shes a cutie though!