Monday, April 28, 2008

A Day on Desert


Looking into the blast holes. The government wanted to see if sandstone would withstand a nuclear blast, so they blasted a giant hole through a mountain.


Carter loved to climb into the caves and up the rocks.


Cali thought it was the "best place ever".


Brandt thought he could climb out of caves.


Hiking back to the car.


Carter needed a little ride on the way out.


Me and my sister Dory smashed into a small cave.


Ummm, Tate have you been defacing public lands? I only know two Tatums, you and a little girl that was named after you!

15 comments:

Mari said...

Fun stuff! We thought the blast holes had been sealed up already so we haven't been out there for awhile. I'm glad you had a great time and that you got proof of Tatum's vandalism! :)

Bethany Gilson said...

Tatum! What were you thinking? Jk! looks like a fun time!

Tatum said...

Brilliant of me, eh? And to think we just celebrated Earth Week.

I ran out of spray paint or I would have left my phone number too.

I assure you I am innocent. I haven't been to those caves since I was very young and not yet able to weild a can of spray paint.

Truly, I think this is the Emery County equivalent of having your name writtne on a bathroom stall. Lucky me.

The other pictures are great. The first pic of the cave is so cool.

Aimee said...

I saw Tatum do it! It was the same time we went out there with
Hey Burtthis
I.D.
Jay and, of course,
Cory.

Jessica said...

I'm with Cali, that IS one of the best places ever. Ah, the Swell.

Dorey said...

This looks like fun! =)

Lyndsay said...

Can you believe that I haven't ever been in those caves?
Also, can you inform Tatum (somehow) that when she's done defacing our county's treasures that I'd like a blog invite?

Steph said...

I just went to these caves for the first time a few months ago. I thought they were pretty cool. I was amazed how far that little cave went back in there. If Tatum is giving out invies....I want one too!!!

Steph said...

I just went to these caves for the first time a few months ago. I thought they were pretty cool. I was amazed how far that little cave went back in there. If Tatum is giving out invies....I want one too!!!

Leisa said...

Where are these caves exactly? I have never heard of them, but they look fun.

Jenny said...

We went on the desert this weekend too. The kids had so much fun playing in the dirt. They were filthy. Sounds like a good time.

100 Percent Cottam said...

did you add your name while you were there? or just a big ol' c? to represent.

Ashley said...

That is so funny, it was probably one of the many guys that was in love with Tatum and she broke his heart, so he wrote her name on the rock to remember it!!!JK

Freer Family said...

What a fun adventure. This would be right up Cole's alley. He want to go to the "Grand Canya" everyday.

Tami said...

Cool Family Outing/Adventure!