Sunday, April 13, 2008

This Week


I took this picture of the Jordan River Temple last week. At the time I didn't realize that this picture would illustrate my emotions so perfectly this week.

Last Sunday my Grandma Cook was moved from the Nephi hospital where she had been for almost two weeks, to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo. We visited with her on Sunday night, and then I had the privilege of staying with her Monday evening, Monday night, and Tuesday morning. Amid all of Christian's birthday celebrations we visited her again on Tuesday night. Bethany and I went for another visit last night.


It has been determined that it is riskier to let her continue in her current state, than it is do preform exploratory surgery. So, this morning she is undergoing surgery and our family will be meeting at the hospital this afternoon.


My emotions have been like the storm clouds in the picture. Low, ominous, and sad. However, I can't help but notice how much brighter the angel Moroni shines when set against a dark and drab background. The contrast is beautiful and comforting.

9 comments:

Mari said...

I like how the trees frame the temple. It's nice to find some light on a cloudy, dreary day.

100 Percent Cottam said...

so sorry, cammie! but i love your perspective.

Ashley said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I know that is so difficult when they are hospitalized and when things start to look rough. I went through that recently with both of my grandmas who both passed in the last 6 months. It is so hard because you want them to get better, yet you don't want them to suffer and be sick. You have a great perspective and the best thing is that you have a good relationship with your grandma and I am sure that she knows that you love her since you have been there with her and you have spend lots of time with her. That is so important. Good luck and I will pray for your Grandma Cook!!! I hope that she gets better. Tell your mom that I am sorry as well.

Lyndsay said...

I'm sorry about your Grandma. She sounds like an inspiration though--and the situation has brought you some clarity. I hope things get better!

Aimee said...

That's too bad about your grandma. I hope they find something they can fix in the surgery. It sounds like you've got a great perspective on the whole thing though, I'm pretty sure I'm not spiritual enough to view that picture the way you saw it, you're an inspiration to us all!

Jan said...

I love the way you talk about your Grandma -- we will put all of you in our prayers. Let us know how it all goes.

bethanyp said...

Sorry about your Grandma. I, too, love your perspective and analogy of the Angel Moroni. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

McKelle said...

Hope your gma gets feeling better!! The picture is beautiful!!

Tatum said...

How profound. I love this picture. I am so sorry about Grandma Cook, but it is always amazing the perspective we gain from difficult situations.