
Not last Friday, but the Friday before, Cali and I had the wonderful experience that is Kindergarten orientation. It was mostly the secretary going over paper work with a gym full of parents (some of them sobbing). The kindergarten teachers took the kids on a little tour of the class rooms, read them some stories, and colored some pictures. At the end we all met up in the lunch room where they served the kids some animal crackers. Cali didn't want to leave, and insisted that we sit down in the lunch room and stay until all of her crackers were gone. Even then, she still didn't want to go. It was also funny because she ran into several of her friends from preschool (the girl pictured above is our cute little neighbor friend) all of whom were very excited to be going to kindergarten. There are over 200 kindergarten students signed up for this coming school year. Two hundred kindergartners? Sounds like the title of my worst nightmare!
8 comments:
Can you believe YOUR daughter will be in kindergarten? It sounds like it was quite the social event and that you have quite a little social-light on your hands!
oh my gravy! i'm a tad jealous. that october 6 birthday means maya will be with me for yet another year...
So exciting that you have a daughter starting school!!!
Talk about copious amounts of kindergartners - my sister is currently teaching kindergarten in Saratoga Springs and has almost 60 kids between her morning and afternoon classes. Thirty 5-6 year olds per class! I couldn't handle it. She is so overwhelmed and stressed out that she is actually quitting after this year to teach her own preschool (10 kids per class, 2 hours a day will definitely help her keep her sanity!) I think I got started having kids a little later than a lot of people our age, so I can't even IMAGINE sending one to kindergarten yet! I still have a few more years thank goodness. I'm sure I'll cry though when that day comes!
After reading April's comment I feel like a bad mother. I didn't cry on the first day of kindergarten. It was actually a joyous day. It was joyous because Brooklynn was so exited and couldn't wait and I was happy for her. (Probably a lot like Cali will be!). Now first grade next year, that makes me sad--7 hours a day 5 days a week with lunch at school. Who will cut Brooklynn's meat?!?!
I still can't believe we missed that! Oh well! I wish Chance was as excited as Cali is!! I am praying for one of his buddies to get in the same class!
I love how excited Cali is! Cole is super-excited, too! How many kids do you think will be in her class? I'm sure she'll have a great year!!!
To your friend April, I think her sister sounds like a smart girl! I'm thinking about doing the same thing.
Does it make you feel better to know that Cali is so excited and apparently completely independent? I am really struggling with this milestone. If you want to stalk her on the first day and then go home and cry, call me, I'm in.
Post a Comment