On Sunday afternoon Christian and I took Cali and Carter to meet Grandma Vicki in Vernal. The kids are spending the week in Castle Dale and Price! They were so excited, and we all thought it was a perfect way to end a great summer vacation; swimming pool, four wheeler rides, Frankie the Goat, Parker the baby, eating school lunch at the high school with grandpa, a never ending supply of "dress-ups" {having a drama teacher dad really enhances the dress up selection!}, the dinosaur museum/park...It really doesn't get much better for a six and three year old.
Since they've been gone I've managed to keep busy. I am amazed at how fast I can clean my house, and how it actually stays clean. Running errands only takes minutes instead of hours. Christian and I were able to spend yesterday painting and cleaning the basement with no interruptions. It's quite amazing. However, the quiet silence {although refreshing at first} is now officially on my nerves. It's pretty bad when you have to turn the TV on...just for some noise.
I've been able to talk to them on the phone a few times, but they are much too busy to talk to their mother. After all, they have the undivided attention of their grandparents. My mom was able to snap these two pictures with her phone yesterday
Carter dressed up as "Superman" with a wonderful sword he purchased from the dollar store. The picture is so tipped and so blurry, but the fierce fighting look on his face is unmistakable. So far he hasn't hit anyone with his sword. I'm impressed.
Cali dressed up as "Little Bo Peep". There really is no end to the dress-up possiblities. And lucky for her, my mom's neighbor has some actual sheep...bonus. She wore high heels for most of the day yesterday, then couldn't figure out why her feet hurt. She is learning at a young age, that fashion and beauty really are pain.


8 comments:
enjoy the quiet while you can!
I'm glad they are having such fun! The entertainment of family is unmatched!
I'm glad you've had a little peace and quiet, but I agree with you! Sometimes the quiet is too quiet. My roommate has been gone for three weeks now and it has been so quiet and lonely. I'm not sure I'll survive another 3 1/2 months! The TV is always on now whether I'm watching it or not.
Amazing everything you can get done! Sounds like they are having fun!!! When the heck do they start school? Tues.? I remember when we started after Labor day! Wyoming is still in the "good ol' days" I guess...sweet!
Peace and quiet is overrated, but I bet the grandmas will bask in it after this week. (and probably take a few naps too, they're staying busy!)
It's sounds like a dream come tru to me. Although I admit, I'd probably miss the little critters after a bit.
I would love to try and see if I would miss the noise..I doubt it though.
So fun for them to get to spend time with their grandparents. It's funny how we get use to the noise & how the quiet scares us when we're alone.
Your blog puts mine to shame. You're amazing!
Post a Comment