Monday, October 12, 2009

Bake Sale {Flu Season Style}

In conjunction with parent teacher conferences, Cali's school held a bake and book sale. Cali's teacher gave her a great review and we stocked up on some books she'd been eyeing as well. However, I kind of wondered who in their right mind would eat someone's baked goods amid all the germs and swine flu talk. I for one didn't want to buy random brownies, but Cali really wanted to bring something to the bake sale {don't you just love how they hype the kids up on fund raisers...} Anyway, my friend Nicole told me that she was going to make some candy grab bags and some ghost suckers {my favorite! tissue paper over the top of suckers, I loved those as a kid!}. I tried to think of something bake-ish I could do without actually baking. Here's what I came up with. Cookie mix, Halloween cookie cutter, tied together with a festive bow, and there you have it! Our contribution to the bake sale.

8 comments:

Bethany Gilson said...

loves it!

Steph said...

that is a great idea. They look super cute

Aimee said...

As a germ freak I appreciate this kind of bake sale item. Very cute.

Leisa said...

That is a great idea!

Cambu said...

That is a great idea! Way to be so creative!! :)

Rob and Marci Peacock said...

brilliant!

Tatum said...

My germaphobic self is quite impressed with your creativity. Love it!

Tami said...

Perfect!