Cali's cute little friend, Rylee, invited her over to play for a few hours on Saturday. She was more than excited because she and Rylee aren't in the same class this year, but still insist that they are sisters who were separated at birth. Cali had only been at their house a few minutes when she called and asked if she could do hair glitter, I told her it would be fine. Several hours later Rylee's mom, Amy, called to let me know that they'd taken their makeovers to a whole new level.
The picture really doesn't do it justice! She was so happy and so giddy to have real makeup on. She pranced around like a fancy woman for the rest of the afternoon, until I saw her picking the mascara off her eyelashes {that's my trademark move}. At which point we washed her face. Later that night I sat on the edge of the tub and scrubbed the dried up glitter out of her scalp.
Today while I was straightening the bathroom I noticed a faint layer of glitter in the bottom of the tub. It made me laugh. So, I guess glitter can make old girls and young girls smile!
8 comments:
She really looks like a fancy woman. She is so happy in that picture I love it!
aaaahhhh! don't tell me she's inherited the trich... that's how it all starts! she looks lovely though - she's such a girl!
Hey, yeah I am way excited to get to go early. We are kinda worried that I might go sooner though. Things are not working out and I am not doing as good as I thought I was. The baby blues have had an early start which is making a lot of things harder. The cake class was alright, it was the same night as scouts and 5 of the 7 people that signed up where in scouts so needless to say I only had two show up which stinks! I made like 15 lbs of frosting and 100 cupcakes. I ended up eating and saving maybe 15 but threw the rest away. I was really upset especially where i had prepared for it for 2 days. yeah I was at church yesterday and I thought I would get to talk to you at Rachel's Chinese night but you never showed up. We will have to talk and get the boys together soon.
I love it! I'm sure you'll find some more glitter in your house too :)
The happiness on her face says it all - and she really does look fabulous! Her daddy will have to fight off the boys in a few more years, I'm afraid.
Cammie! I just got caught up on blogs and i just wanted to say that I miss you like crazy! (yeah, like the song) ha j/k. Next time you come to Utah you BETTER call me. =)
I maintain that she is a girl after my own heart. Glitter and mascara still make me giddy.
She's such a girly girl! You're a much better Mom than I. Makeups a no no in my house...mainly because Canon wants to join in on the fun. I can handle the dress-up but makeups a bit too much for this Mommy.
Post a Comment