Thursday, October 29, 2009

Grandpa Gus

Christian's Grandpa Gus passed away last Thursday morning. He broke his hip early this month, and never quite recovered from the shock or surgery. I was able to visit him at the University Hospital on the 16th of this month. He wasn't very responsive, but I am grateful for the few minutes I had to spend with him. I'm also grateful for the 10+ years I've had to get to know him. He was a man like no other! And even though he will be greatly missed, he is much happier to be reunited with Glenna, his sweet wife.

Thanks for all the phone calls and texts, Christian is doing well and he had the opportunity to say the family prayer and dedicate the grave at the funeral services. It was a sad and special few days for everyone. Grandpa's obituary was published in the SL Tribune and Des News, as well as the local papers. You can read it here.

6 comments:

Bethany Gilson said...

Funerals and death are so hard. I love that picture of Christian and Carson. Hang in there!

Tatum said...

So sorry to hear about this.

Tatum said...

So sorry to hear about this.

Rebecca said...

Sorry to hear about losing your grandpa. How did you take that picture? I love it!

nancy said...

I am so sorry that he passed away. We will keep you guys in our prayers this weekend

Freer Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope you are all doing well, especially Christian. What an honor for him to dedicate the grave. That photo is amazing. Love you guys!