Sunday, April 4, 2010

Conference

Today we had the wonderful opportunity of watching General Conference. The talks were wonderful. I came away with a strong sense of the importance of families and the obligation of parents to teach and nurture their children.

Speaking of children, they hung in there for the first while, but by Sunday afternoon they had started their own conference. They called it "Cars Conference", and many of the cars gave wonderful talks as well.

The Conference Center was made of my rotary cutting mat. The pulpit, from Carter's upside down Easter pail. The microphone, a magnetic number 5.

Here's Chick Hicks giving the opening prayer. Christian over heard them singing the opening song, "Wheels on the the Bus." I heard a sermon that Carter/a car delivered he said, "After conference there will be a sea shell hunt, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen."


At least it kept them entertained for a few hours. The had had it with conference bingo and were totally done with the numerous coloring pages. They did their very best to be reverent, but I guess if your parents are going to make you sit through hours of church on TV, you have to make the best of it! They really did!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Gotta give them their credit for creativity!

Good luck making Caleb a tiny baby :)

Bethany Gilson said...

Dang! I wish I could have attended the conference it looks wonderful

Dorey said...

I'm sure my boys would have appreciated this conference a little more! haha

Jade said...

I can't believe he's already 5 months old! I love the cars conference...very entertaining I'm sure. We're getting spring fever too, will it ever stop snowing?

100 Percent Cottam said...

your kids are freakin' dope!

Unknown said...

That is awesome! Maybe we will have to try that next time!