Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Lady Bug's First Soccer Game

On Saturday Cali played her first soccer game. She had a great time, and even got in on a few good kicks. She was most excited about her black and pink shin guards and matching shoes! Although she was a little disappointed that the guards had to be covered by the socks.

Anyway, she may have to work on being more aggressive, and I may have to work on NOT being so aggressive. I really don't want to be one of "those" moms that are screaming at their kid...But, I found it very easy to revert to my sport playing days.

Cali is my daughter in so many ways, and is other ways we are so different. She doesn't feel the need to competitive, it's just not really in her nature. So, my goal, during this soccer season is to help her build her confidence, skills, and abilities...without screaming at her! Can it be done? I'll let you know in six weeks.


2 comments:

Bethany Gilson said...

She is so dang cute! I can just see her being jazzed about her outfit and hair!

Unknown said...

I could see you having a hard time just sitting back. :) She is too cute and funny. I've got to see this stylish soccer queen!