Monday, October 8, 2007

My Dad's the Greatest Dad


Many of you may know my dad, Neal Peacock. Ok, even if you don't know him personally you may feel like you know him. I have mentioned him on this blog before, and I must do it again. He is a fantastic father and this past Sunday he had one of his editorial articles published in the Salt Lake Tribune. It is a funny article about the joys and challenges of being the mayor of a small town. Please read here.
A side note: Not only is my dad a teacher, a mentor, a mayor, a drama director, a golf coach, a debate coach and student council advisor. He also implemented "An Unofficial (but everyone will make fun of you if you don't wear one) Staff and Faculty Hawaiian Shirt Day" at Emery High. Which I think this year, just happen to be picture day as well. I can't wait to see the yearbook.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cammie. It was sure nice of you to say about me. So far I've received 4 positive comments on the editorial, 1 negative comment, 1 request to remove a dead skunk from a person's chicken coop and 2 requests to borrow my shirt. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Dad! You are the best! My friends at work loved the article! so that's 2 more positives!

Family Days said...

Awesome article! Your Dad seems amazing and Funny, you are one lucky girl!

regibells said...

Sounds like a fun Dad! Love the Hawaian shirt day.

Jan said...

Your dad sounds wonderful -- loved the shirt too! (Mark would want to steal it, I'm sure!) How fun to read the article. Loved it.

Freer Family said...

You have super cool dad! A man of all trades!
I loved the comment about how that's probably not how Rcoky would be spending his Saturday. LOL. Congrats on the article and yep, the shirt is the bomb.

100 Percent Cottam said...

what a cool dad! my dad is partial to hawaiian shirts, too. the true sign of a cool dad!