Yesterday was my first day of work at my new job at the University Hospital. I've worked at the U for 8 years, so I thought I pretty much knew a lot. Not so, the hospital culture and procedures are so different. I spent yesterday trying to oriented on org charts and who does what. I didn't really accomplish much, but I guess that's to be expected for a first day.
Anyway, I was really scared to leave my comfort zone, but now I know it was the best decision I could have made. The people are awesome, everyone seemed very committed to their job and to reaching goals. I am still trying to figure out where I fit into all of it, but I'm sure that will come.
7 comments:
You go girl! You need some new clothes for your job! Take yourself on a shopping spree!
The first day of jobs are always kind of an awkward day, for me anyways! You will do awesome! I want in on that shopping spree action!
p.s. Did you get the email from Rebecca? Whatever you said it worked! So, thanks for bailing me out! Ha! Ha!
Yay for you!! You'll be wonderful and I agree with the above comment - -buy some new clothes!! It's the perfect excuse. (but who needs an excuse, right?)
Woohoo! So glad the new job went well despote the wierd first day feelings. You'll be an old pro in no time at all. Seriously, congrats, they are totally lucky to have you!
And yes, get yourself a new work outfit.
Change is good, just hard at first. You will be awesome in your new position in no time! You just are that kinda gal.
sounds great, cammie! of course, you're the biggest overachiever and hardest worker - they're so lucky to have you!
Post a Comment